SubjectRe: cdrom support with thinkpad x6 ultrabay
George Nychis wrote:
> I am looking for support somewhere in the kernel for my thinkpad x6
> ultrabay's cdrom drive. Whenever I attach the ultrabay it picks up the
> extra usb ports, seems to pick up the ethernet port, but it fails to
> pick up anything about the dvd/cd-writer. Nothing shows up in dmesg
> about the drive at all... anyone know what I might need in the kernel?
> I am using 2.6.17-rc6
-mm has some support for the dock, but there isn't support for hot
add/remove of the optical device yet. I think that's waiting on some
support in libata, but I'm not exactly sure what's needed.

At the moment, you either get the dock optical if you boot the machine
in the dock, and you can never eject the dock, or you get no optical and
eject works fine.

  Last update: 2006-06-15 07:51    [W:0.113 / U:0.124 seconds]