    SubjectRE: [RFC/PATCH 1/2] in-kernel sockets API

    > Chase Venters wrote:

    > > can you name some non-GPL non-proprietary modules we should be concerned
    > > about?

    > You probably meant "non-GPL-compatible non-proprietary". If so, then by
    > definition there are none.
    > Regards,
    > Daniel

    Are you saying that there do not exist any non-proprietary licenses that
    are incompatible with the GPL? That's obviously not true. Consider, for
    example, a license that was basically the BSD license with an additional
    prohibition against licensing with new restrictions. Consider the original
    BSD license with advertising clause. Consider a license that requires the
    source to always travel with the binary.

      Last update: 2006-06-14 08:32    [W:0.022 / U:3.884 seconds]