SubjectRe: [RFC] the /proc/filecache interface
On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 15:51 +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The /proc/filecache support has been half done. And I'd like to hear
> early comments on the interface.

Wu,

Interesting work. But I am worried that, this is getting over-designed.
Lets go back to basics - what is the actual problem we are trying to
solve here ? What are mininum requirements ? How does it help solve
the problem ? Who & How one uses this ? Yes. I understand - these
just provide stats on filecache, but we can provide all the nitty
details - which are not really relevant or useful.

Don't get me wrong - I really need better understanding of whats there
in pagecache. Infact, I need a better way to control how much filecache
in pagecache.

(BTW, I like your patch for "educational" purposes - but I am not
sure how useful it is for practical purpose).

Thanks,
Badari

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans