    SubjectRe: [RFC] the /proc/filecache interface
    On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 15:51 +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
    > Hello,
    > The /proc/filecache support has been half done. And I'd like to hear
    > early comments on the interface.

    Interesting work. But I am worried that, this is getting over-designed.
    Lets go back to basics - what is the actual problem we are trying to
    solve here ? What are mininum requirements ? How does it help solve
    the problem ? Who & How one uses this ? Yes. I understand - these
    just provide stats on filecache, but we can provide all the nitty
    details - which are not really relevant or useful.

    Don't get me wrong - I really need better understanding of whats there
    in pagecache. Infact, I need a better way to control how much filecache
    in pagecache.

    (BTW, I like your patch for "educational" purposes - but I am not
    sure how useful it is for practical purpose).

      Last update: 2006-06-14 23:20    [W:0.021 / U:12.504 seconds]