    SubjectRe: SO_REUSEPORT and multicasting
    --- Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@linux01.gwdg.de> wrote:
    > >Does the kernel support SO_REUSEPORT?
    >
    > IIRC no, *BSD being the only one(s) I know of.
    >
    > > If so can
    > >anyone give me some suggestions why my program does
    > >not work on Linux? I did a route add -net
    > 224.0.0.0/4
    > >dev eth0 but that did not do anything.
    > >
    > Have you bound to a multicast group in your program?

    If BSD supports it why can't Linux?

    Yes. My code works great on HP-UX but does nothing on
    Linux. It will not compile because it can't find
    SO_REUSEPORT. I don't have the exact error message at
    hand, but I could send it if it would help. If I
    switch to SO_REUSEADDR the code compiles but the
    server does not receive anything.

    Thanks,