    SubjectRe: [SPARSEMEM] confusing uses of SPARSEM_EXTREME (try #2)
    2006/6/12, Andy Whitcroft <apw@shadowen.org>:
    > Franck Bui-Huu wrote:
    > > Hi Andy
    > >
    > > 2006/6/12, Andy Whitcroft <apw@shadowen.org>:
    > >

    > >> In my mind the positive option is selecting for code supporting EXTREME
    > >> so it seems to make sense to use that option.
    > >

    > > well I find it confusing because in my mind, something like this seems
    > > more logical.
    > >
    > > #ifndef CONFIG_SPARSEMEM_STATIC
    > > static struct mem_section *sparse_index_alloc(int nid)
    > > {
    > > return alloc_bootmem_node(...);
    > > }
    > > #else
    > > static struct mem_section *sparse_index_alloc(int nid)
    > > {
    > > /* nothing to do here, since it has been statically allocated */
    > > return 0;
    > > }
    > > #endif
    >
    > But also in this case the code in the first stanza is only applicable to
    > SPARSEMEM EXTREME, therefore its also logical to say

    Well I don't think so. Please show me which part of this code is
    _only_ applicable to EXTREME.

    The only thing that makes it applicable to EXTREME is not in the code
    but rather in the Kconfig script:

    config SPARSEMEM_EXTREME
    def_bool y
    depends on SPARSEMEM && !SPARSEMEM_STATIC

    --
    Franck