    SubjectRe: Removal of security/root_plug.c
    On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 07:22:49PM -0400, Anne Thrax wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Apparently security/root_plug.c was written for a Linux Journal article,
    > and while it does do a good job of explaining LSM, I don't see much use for
    > it in the mainstream kernel. I suggest that it be removed, because I don't
    > think that it serves much purpose. I doubt that anyone actually uses this,
    > for if they did, I think that it would be modified and have many additions.
    > Even the author states that it is just a starting point. Maybe the article
    > (if Linux Journal is okay with it) along with the code should be moved to
    > Documentation/?

    No, it should stay for the same reasons I gave a month or so ago on this
    list when someone asked the same question (please search the archives
    for details.)

    And surprisingly, people actually use this lsm module for real...

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2006-06-11 06:17    [W:2.314 / U:0.568 seconds]