SubjectRe: 2.6.17-rc5-mm1
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:34:10 +0100
Andy Whitcroft <> wrote:

> Last time I tried to split search -mm1 and she was being a hideous pig,
> I just couldn't get any bit of it to compile without the rest.

You shouldn't bisect blindly.

Looking at the series file

megaraid_sas-add-support-for-zcr-controller-fix.patch is a fix against
megaraid_sas-add-support-for-zcr-controller.patch, so if the bisection
lands you on megaraid_sas-add-support-for-zcr-controller.patch then
obviously one should apply
megaraid_sas-add-support-for-zcr-controller-fix.patch by hand as well.

You'll often find great streams of similarly-named contiguous patches - you
should apply either all of them or none of them. Otherwise you're testing
a known-to-be-broken kernel which has an already-available fix ;)
describes the bisection technique I use.

If you're using git-bisect, well, try to have a nice day anyway.

> Will try and track this down with the new -mm.

Would be great, thanks.