    SubjectRe: USB devices fail unnecessarily on unpowered hubs
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > (added linux-usb cc)
    > Yes, it sounds like we're being non-real-worldly here. This change
    > apparently broke things. Did it actually fix anything as well?

    Gentoo recieved several reports of this. It appears that certain vendors
    are worse than others (Verbatim flash drives are a common culprit).

    Some users tested and found that Windows has the same behaviour - it
    rejects these devices on unpowered hubs, and pops up a warning that not
    enough power is available.

    I added a printk to point out when configurations are rejected due to
    power issues, this has been merged into Greg's tree. It's far from
    ideal, but better than silent failure...

      Last update: 2006-06-01 13:47    [W:0.018 / U:42.508 seconds]