    SubjectRe: USB devices fail unnecessarily on unpowered hubs
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > (added linux-usb cc)
    >
    > Yes, it sounds like we're being non-real-worldly here. This change
    > apparently broke things. Did it actually fix anything as well?

    Gentoo recieved several reports of this. It appears that certain vendors
    are worse than others (Verbatim flash drives are a common culprit).

    Some users tested and found that Windows has the same behaviour - it
    rejects these devices on unpowered hubs, and pops up a warning that not
    enough power is available.

    I added a printk to point out when configurations are rejected due to
    power issues, this has been merged into Greg's tree. It's far from
    ideal, but better than silent failure...

    Daniel

      Last update: 2006-06-01 13:47    [W:0.021 / U:88.656 seconds]