SubjectRe: [Patch 2/8] Sync block I/O and swapin delay collection
Balbir Singh wrote:
> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 06:20:12PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:

>>So... what are the consumers of this data going to be? That is my question.
> More details on the consumers of this data is available at

Profiling, monitoring, and control (workload management).

Sounds like something that at the moment, most users and most
applications will not use, most of the time.

I won't question the usefulness of the statistics to some
applications, but at the moment is it is reasonable to add this
overhead for everyone, or even for all tasks? Adding a bit more
work for those that want the stats won't be too bad.

SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.