    SubjectRe: [Patch 2/8] Sync block I/O and swapin delay collection
    Balbir Singh wrote:
    > On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 06:20:12PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:

    >>So... what are the consumers of this data going to be? That is my question.
    > More details on the consumers of this data is available at

    Profiling, monitoring, and control (workload management).

    Sounds like something that at the moment, most users and most
    applications will not use, most of the time.

    I won't question the usefulness of the statistics to some
    applications, but at the moment is it is reasonable to add this
    overhead for everyone, or even for all tasks? Adding a bit more
    work for those that want the stats won't be too bad.

    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2006-05-10 02:19    [W:0.019 / U:11.204 seconds]