    SubjectRe: How to read BIOS information
    Arjan van de Ven wrote:

    >On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 19:44 +0530, Madhukar Mythri wrote:
    >> Im new to this group.
    >>I want to get some information from BIOS. i.e i want to know whether
    >>Hyperthreading is Enabled/Disabled(as per BIOS settings) from an user
    >>applications program.
    >there is no standard way to do this. You can use /proc/cpuinfo to see if
    >the kernel found ht'd processors. But that's the best you can do.
    >(well you could grovel through the acpi tables just like the kernel
    >does, but you really don't want to do that from userspace)
    "proc/cpuinfo" says only HT support is their or not but, it will not say
    whether HT is Enalbled/Disabled..
    How to read ACPI tables ? Can you give little info on this...
    even from Driver program, if its possible please tell me...

    Thanks & Regards
    Madhukar Mythri
    Wipro Technologies
    Off: +91 80 30294361.