SubjectRe: Remove silly messages from input layer.
From
On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 10:30:00PM +0200, Nuri Jawad wrote:

> It is useful to show you what kind of environment many users do not want
> to have. Hiding information is not user-friendly for the experienced user,
> only for the novice.

Spamming my logs with these messages so often that my dmesg buffer
soon contains nothing but and I have to use grep -v to read my syslog
is not user-friendly, and I am hardly a novice.

At most, a reworded message should be emitted on the first
occurance of the error and not again until a reboot. If you want to
know more, there are debugging tools for that sort of thing.

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf@rivenstone.net

/* So there I am, in the middle of my `netfilter-is-wonderful'
talk in Sydney, and someone asks `What happens if you try
to enlarge a 64k packet here?'. I think I said something
eloquent like `fuck'. - RR */

  Last update: 2006-05-07 10:10    [W:0.059 / U:1.228 seconds]