SubjectRe: Remove silly messages from input layer.
On Čt 04-05-06 14:38:40, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 02:34:34PM -0400, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
>
> > >Perhaps it should say that then ;-)
> >
> > Do you have a beter wording in mind? "Keyboard reports too many keys
> > were pessed at once, some keystrokes might be dropped"?
>
> It still doesn't make sense when the user only pressed a single key,
> or in some cases, never pressed *any* key (don't have that report to hand,
> but it was a laptop keyboard)

If you only pressed single key -- your keyboard is crap or there's
some problem in the driver.

If you never pressed any key -- your keyboard is crap or there's
some problem in the driver.

...in both of these cases the message is actually useful. Where it is
not useful is when cat walks over your keyboard, because you can
actually expect this message when pressing 10 keys at once.

...in both of these cases failure should be investigated to find out
what is going on.

OTOH for example I now know that capslock-x-c is combination X32 does
not like. Unfortunately, if you swap capslock and ctrl, and type too
fast... you'll press this combination while exiting emacs.

Pavel
--
Thanks for all the (sleeping) penguins.