SubjectRe: cdrom: a dirty CD can freeze your system
Hi Alan et.al.,

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 02:48:52PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> Please try the libata PATA patches instead of the old IDE layer.

I'd love to, but currently I'm running git kernels on both of my
machines, and unfortunately 2.6.16-ide1 won't apply ; )

Since you've been busy I didn't want to bother you, but now that you
mention your PATA efforts again, is there a git tree to pull from, which
contains code similar to that in the latest patches?

I understand that your work is gradually flowing through Jeff, and over
to Linus from there which adds up to, but is not the only reason for,
the huge amount of rejects. I'd rather not waste my time messing with
unclean patching attempts, otherwise my studies _are_ going to kill me.

I have a remote entry for Jeff's pata-drivers branch, but that one won't
discover any of my ide controllers so far. Your patches have been
working very reliably though, so I am annoyed (to say the least) to have
the stuff about missing write barrier support back in my logs. Since I
need John Linville's tree for some WiFi hackery tryouts, I can't seem to
get around running git kernels these days, so I'm back to drivers/ide.
Sigh.

If you've got something for me I'd be happy to keep test-driving the
good stuff some more. It had been working very well for me until the
switch from tar/patch to git.

Keep up the good work : )
Thanks a bunch,
Chris

  Last update: 2006-05-04 16:17    [W:0.078 / U:0.120 seconds]