    SubjectRe: TCP/IP send, sendfile, RAW
    Roy Rietveld wrote:
    > I read something about zero copy may i need somelike that.

    Yes, zero copy IO does make a huge difference. Unfortunately, at this
    time, it is not possible to do zero copy IO on sockets save for
    sendfile() because they do not yet support aio, at least, not the last
    time I checked.

    For comparison I wrote an ftp server for NT 4.0 several years ago on a
    PII-233 system ( similar speed to yours ) and saw similar results to
    yours until switching to zero copy IO, which pushed 11,820 KB/s ftp
    transfers using less than 1% of the cpu.

    I'm still waiting for Linux to be able to do this, and hopefully won't
    have to wait much longer.

      Last update: 2006-05-04 23:24    [W:0.020 / U:0.152 seconds]