    SubjectRe: OpenGL-based framebuffer concepts
    This is actually over my head, but would it be possible to dynamically
    switch between two drivers by saving and restoring whole context, much
    like in suspend-resume process?

    Lowest layer of fbdev/DRM would control basic PCI/memory management
    and load/unload appropriate (module) driver, so we could safely switch
    between different hardware management (driver) policies. Or I'm just
    to fancy?