SubjectRe: RT_PREEMPT problem with cascaded irqchip

> Yann,
>
> Can you please use a sane mail client ? There is no point to have the
> headers of the previous mail inserted in some fancy way. Also please
> answer inline and not on top of the reply.
>
> Thanks.

Sorry for the behavior of my mail client, I have unfortunately no
chance to change it.
However, I think you'll prefer this format.

> On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 16:44 +0200, Yann.LEPROVOST@wavecom.fr wrote:
> > Well, in fact the issue doesn't come neither from the mask/unmask
procedure
> > nor from the set_irq calls.
> > Correct gpio mask/unmask are called before the gpio_irq_handler.
> >
> > However, there is an issue in gpio_irq_handler (specific to generic_irq
and
> > AT91RM9200, i think) concerning desc->chip->chip_data.
> > The following change has to be applied :
> >
> > -- pio = (void __force __iomem *) desc->chip->chip_data;
> > ++ pio = (void __force __iomem *) desc->chip_data;
>
> Hmm. Is that part of your code or is it related to code in mainline ?

This is currently part of the 2.6.16 mainline! However, I have seen
that this line has been replaced
by "pio = get_irq_chip_data(irq);" in 2.6.17-rc4-genirq4 which access
desc->chip_data. So this problem
has been solved by genirq4...

> > Moreover, I think that the call to redirect_hardirq have to be insered
in
> > gpio_irq_handler but I don't know how to do that.
>
> Why should that be done. The gpio_irq_handler should be called from the
> demultiplexing handler, via desc->handler(..). ARM has a conversion
> macro - desc_handle_irq() for that.

Yep, I misunderstood the role of gpio_irq_handler...

> Anyway, the ARM code in 2.6.16-rtXX is lacking some of the changes we
> did in the genirq patchset. Sorry: - ENOTENOUGHINSTANCES
>
> I'm in the progress to update that.
>
> tglx
>

> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
in

  Last update: 2006-05-31 10:34    [W:0.057 / U:0.352 seconds]