    SubjectRe: 2.6.17-rc5-mm1
    "Martin J. Bligh" <> wrote:
    > Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > Martin Bligh <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>The x86_65 panic in LTP has changed a bit. Looks more useful now.
    > >>Possibly just unrelated new stuff. Possibly we got lucky.
    > >
    > > What are you doing to make this happen?
    > runalltests on LTP

    We have to get to the bottom of this - there's a shadow over about 500
    patches and we don't know which.

    iirc I tried to reproduce this a couple of weeks back and failed.

    Are you able to narrow it down to a particular LTP test? It was mtest01 or
    something like that? Perhaps we can identify a particular command line
    which triggers the fault in a standalone fashion?

    And why can't I make it happen? Perhaps it's a memory initialisation
    problem, and it only happens to hit in that stage of LTP because that's
    when you started doing page reclaim, or something? Perhaps just
    try putting a heap of memory pressure on the machine, see what
    that does?

    Being unable to reproduce it and not having a theory to go on leaves us
    kinda stuck. Help, please?

      Last update: 2006-05-31 23:42    [W:0.020 / U:152.420 seconds]