SubjectRe: 2.6.17-rc5-mm1
"Martin J. Bligh" <> wrote:
> Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Martin Bligh <> wrote:
> >
> >>The x86_65 panic in LTP has changed a bit. Looks more useful now.
> >>Possibly just unrelated new stuff. Possibly we got lucky.
> >
> > What are you doing to make this happen?
> runalltests on LTP

We have to get to the bottom of this - there's a shadow over about 500
patches and we don't know which.

iirc I tried to reproduce this a couple of weeks back and failed.

Are you able to narrow it down to a particular LTP test? It was mtest01 or
something like that? Perhaps we can identify a particular command line
which triggers the fault in a standalone fashion?

And why can't I make it happen? Perhaps it's a memory initialisation
problem, and it only happens to hit in that stage of LTP because that's
when you started doing page reclaim, or something? Perhaps just
try putting a heap of memory pressure on the machine, see what
that does?

Being unable to reproduce it and not having a theory to go on leaves us
kinda stuck. Help, please?