    SubjectRe: OpenGL-based framebuffer concepts
    On Monday May 29, dhazelton@enter.net wrote:

    > > There is plenty of work to do on graphics and lots of flame wars too.
    >
    > Not by me. I give up - nothing I might do stands a smowballs chance in hell of
    > surviving in a recognizable form through the web of kernel politics.

    I must say I find that quite disappointing.
    It seemed like you had the background knowledge, the enthusiasm and
    the time to make something happen here, and I think everyone agrees
    that something needs to happen.

    You seem to be caught at an impasse between Jon and Dave without a
    clear idea who is "right" - I know I have no clear idea! I suspect
    that they are both right and are both wrong, but figuring which bit is
    which will be tricky. Very.

    And we really have no tie-breaker mechanism in the kernel - I know
    Linus is very loathe to play that role. Negotiation, compromise, and
    persistence are what is needed.

    I suspect that to make progress you will have to start out by doing
    something that you don't completely agree with. But that doesn't need
    to be a loss. It will be both a learning experience and a credibility
    earning exercise.

    Maybe if you are really genuine about putting effort into this we
    should see if something can be arranged to get you to the
    kernel-summit so that you, Jon, and Dave can yell at each other for a
    while and come to some understanding:-)

    Anyway, while I personal cannot offer you any incentives I would
    implore you: don't give up. At least not yet.

    NeilBrown

      Last update: 2006-05-29 07:01    [W:0.021 / U:237.104 seconds]