    SubjectRe: How to check if kernel sources are installed on a system?
    On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 22:44 -0600, Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:
    > Lee,
    > On Sun, 28 May 2006, Lee Revell wrote:
    > >
    > > Debugging. When a new Linux user files a "no sound" ALSA bug report I
    > > need to find out whether they have any known broken options enabled,
    > > like USB bandwidth checking or the OSS USB midi/audio drivers. If we
    > > have to go back and forth figuring out which distro they have and where
    > > the config is they are that much more likely to give up and go back to
    > > Windows.
    > >
    > Bug reports is another advantage that I found with the autoconf
    > approach to building kernel modules (previous cited): automatic
    > generation of bug reports containing full configuration information
    > using a send-pr script generated by the 'configure' script.

    autoconf compiles stuff. In that case you can just use the config.h file
    and test the appropriate defines for the exact case you're compiling the
    module for. That HAS to be more reliable than grepping some .config

      Last update: 2006-05-29 06:56    [W:0.051 / U:15.820 seconds]