    SubjectRe: How to send a break? - dump from frozen 64bit linux
    On 28/05/06, Haar János <djani22@netcenter.hu> wrote:

    > Can somebody tell me, what is wrong exactly?

    I can't tell you exactely what's wrong unfortunately, but after
    looking at your dump & dmesg I notice two things that might be worth
    trying to change :

    1) You seem to be running without any swap space at all. I't usually a
    good idea always to have some swap configured - try adding a swap
    file.
    (note: I don't think this will help with your current problem, it's
    just a good thing to do generally).

    2) You should try the latest stable kernel. Currently that's 2.6.16.18
    (http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.16.18.tar.bz2).
    There have been lots of fixes added since 2.6.15.x and perhaps you are
    lucky that whatever is giving you trouble has already been fixed in
    that kernel.

    > Anyway, i interested about, how can i -a single user- interpret these dump
    > to made error reporting more useful?

    You can find some info in Documentation/sysrq.txt &
    Documentation/oops-tracing.txt .
    As for posting good error/bug reports, please read the REPORTING-BUGS
    file in the root of the kernel source dir.

    --
    Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>