    SubjectRe: How to check if kernel sources are installed on a system?
    On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 15:15 -0700, 4Front Technologies wrote:
    > It doesn't matter if it's open sound or ALSA!. Lee, why don't you go
    > down the ALSA user mailing lists and count the number of 0-Compilation
    > bug reports?

    I know - I am on all the ALSA lists and read every bug report. And in
    fact compilation errors are quite rare. The numbers are misleading
    because "0-Compilation error" is the default category in the bug tracker
    and lots of users don't set it correctly ;-)

    It is unfortunate that users hitting an already-fixed bug have to
    compile it themselves, but I think the solution is for the distros to
    follow ALSA a bit more closely and apply the critical "no sound" fixes
    to their packages rather than waiting for the next release. I know for
    a fact that Ubuntu does this.

    Lee

      Last update: 2006-05-26 00:28    [W:0.031 / U:0.232 seconds]