SubjectRe: Compact Flash Serial ATA patch
markus reichelt wrote:
> * Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
>

>> On Maw, 2006-05-23 at 04:16 -0600, Russell McConnachie wrote:
>>
>>> I am not exactly a programmer, I'm sure this can be written much
>>> better but for anyone who may run into a similar problem with
>>> compact flash.
>>>
>> Some CF adapters do not include all the neccessary pins for DMA
>> because they were designed to be cheap before the idea of CF using
>> DMA seemed realistic.
>>

> Some CF adapters I've seen included all necessary pins but the pin
> connections for DMA were missing. Someone at a slackware mailing list
> was having the same problem, and if I recall correctly (better check
> specs though) it can be fixed quite easily:
>
> CF pin 44: disconnect from +V, connect to IDE pin 29.
> CF pin 43: connect to IDE pin 21.
>
> Typical transfer rates increased to about 10-12 MB/s

No more than that? I have a CF card on parallel IDE,
hdparm can read 20MB/s from it with the 4GB 100xKingston
card I use to boot from. Of course this card was bought
precisely for its speed (and size).

Helge Hafting

  Last update: 2006-05-24 09:20    [W:0.054 / U:0.544 seconds]