    SubjectRe: Ingo's realtime_preempt patch causes kernel oops
    On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 12:38 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
    > OK I haven't worked on arm much at all. Only had to port one board
    > before, and didn't need to get too involved.
    >
    > Can't two devices share the same interrupt line? Not talking about a
    > cascading interrupt controller, but two actual devices that can trigger
    > a single interrupt line. So, if this is the case, how do you disable a
    > particular source without going to the driver itself?

    Yeah, the demux code has to go into the device driver to figure that
    out, which is not hard to do on SoC devices, as the peripherals are
    usually unique for a given SoC family.

    PCI and other globally shared devices are completely differnt beasts and
    you would need a legion of hackers to fix that up.

    tglx

      Last update: 2006-05-24 18:57    [W:0.023 / U:62.928 seconds]