SubjectRe: NMI problems with Dell SMP Xeons
Date
nd add special cases just to get an NMI send with different vector.

> I have never disagreed that all NMIs will end up on the NMI vector (2).

The problem was that KDB had an own handler for its debug vector,
although that was only ever called as NMI.

> Unfortunately the way that you changed the x86_64 kdb code, it now does
> neither. Your hack to kdb sends an IPI using NMI_VECTOR (2) which is
>
> (a) not actually sent as an NMI and
> (b) on most of the hardware I have tested, it does not even get through
> to the other cpus, instead it generates APIC errors.

Ok fine we can use some other vector and just the NMI bit.
Feel free to submit a patch to do that conversion for NMI_VECTOR

-Andi

  Last update: 2006-05-23 03:58    [W:0.037 / U:0.144 seconds]