    Subjectnetlink vs. debugfs (was Re: [Patch 0/6] statistics infrastructure)
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Martin Peschke <> wrote:
    >> My patch series is a proposal for a generic implementation of statistics.
    > This uses debugfs for the user interface, but the
    > per-task-delay-accounting-*.patch series from Balbir creates an extensible
    > netlink-based system for passing instrumentation results back to userspace.
    > Can this code be converted to use those netlink interfaces, or is Balbir's
    > approach unsuitable, or hasn't it even been considered, or what?

    Can someone give me the 20-second elevator pitch on why
    netlink is preferred over debugfs? I've heard of a
    number of debugfs/procfs users requested to switch over.

    -- Tim

    Tim Bird
    Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Electronics

      Last update: 2006-05-22 20:12    [W:0.020 / U:32.804 seconds]