    SubjectRe: IA32 syscall 311 not implemented on x86_64
    On 5/21/06, Dave Jones <> wrote:
    > It's a glibc problem really.

    It's not a glibc problem really. The problem is this stupid error
    message in the kernel. We rely in many dozens of places on the kernel
    returning ENOSYS in case a syscall is not implemented and we deal with
    it appropriately. There is absolutely no justification to print these
    messages except perhaps in debug kernels. IMO the sys32_ni_syscall
    functions should just return ENOSYS unless you select a special debug
    kernel. One doesn't need the kernel to detect missing syscall
    implementations, strace can do this as well.

      Last update: 2006-05-21 20:38    [W:0.021 / U:5.004 seconds]