    SubjectRe: assert/crash in __rmqueue() when enabling CONFIG_NUMA

    * Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de> wrote:

    > On Tuesday 02 May 2006 09:06, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > >
    > > * Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de> wrote:

    > > > Did you send a full boot log?
    > >
    > > yes, in the previous mail, in the same thread. (maybe lkml ate it - it's
    > > an allyesconfig bootup so a large bootlog and a large config) I've also
    > > uploaded them to:
    > >
    > > http://redhat.com/~mingo/misc/
    > >
    > > debug-pagealloc.patch is the debug patch i made based on Nick's earlier
    > > suggestions.
    > >
    > > > If it's using ACPI NUMA try numa=noacpi - it might be some problem
    > > > with the node discovery on your machine.
    > >
    > > this is a non-NUMA box (Athlon64 X2 desktop machine).
    >
    > Oh that's a 32bit kernel. I don't think the 32bit NUMA has ever worked
    > anywhere but some Summit systems (at least every time I tried it it
    > blew up on me and nobody seems to use it regularly). Maybe it would be
    > finally time to mark it CONFIG_BROKEN though or just remove it (even
    > by design it doesn't work very well)

    what you saw before could easily be this particular bug - the zones are
    apparently mis-sized (aligned to 1MB while they need to be aligned to
    4MB), which causes quick and nasty crashes under light user load.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2006-05-02 10:25    [W:0.028 / U:0.012 seconds]