SubjectRe: assert/crash in __rmqueue() when enabling CONFIG_NUMA
Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 May 2006 16:02, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
>
>>>Oh that's a 32bit kernel. I don't think the 32bit NUMA has ever worked
>>>anywhere but some Summit systems (at least every time I tried it it blew up
>>>on me and nobody seems to use it regularly). Maybe it would be finally time to mark it
>>>CONFIG_BROKEN though or just remove it (even by design it doesn't work very well)
>>
>>Bollocks. It works fine,
>
> On what kind of box? Some summit system, right?

Summit and NUMA-Q, ie everything we originally created it for.

> Well, it doesn't work for Ingo clearly. My own experiences every time
> I tried it were similar.

What platform?

> I think I stand by my original statement.

If it works fine on some platforms and not on others, I would venture to
suggest it's a platform-specific issue, and marking the whole thing as
CONFIG_BROKEN would be an entirely inappropriate overreaction to what
is probably a simple bug.

M.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans