    SubjectRe: assert/crash in __rmqueue() when enabling CONFIG_NUMA
    Andi Kleen wrote:
    > On Tuesday 02 May 2006 16:02, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
    >>>Oh that's a 32bit kernel. I don't think the 32bit NUMA has ever worked
    >>>anywhere but some Summit systems (at least every time I tried it it blew up
    >>>on me and nobody seems to use it regularly). Maybe it would be finally time to mark it
    >>>CONFIG_BROKEN though or just remove it (even by design it doesn't work very well)
    >>Bollocks. It works fine,
    > On what kind of box? Some summit system, right?

    Summit and NUMA-Q, ie everything we originally created it for.

    > Well, it doesn't work for Ingo clearly. My own experiences every time
    > I tried it were similar.

    What platform?

    > I think I stand by my original statement.

    If it works fine on some platforms and not on others, I would venture to
    suggest it's a platform-specific issue, and marking the whole thing as
    CONFIG_BROKEN would be an entirely inappropriate overreaction to what
    is probably a simple bug.

      Last update: 2006-05-02 17:20    [W:0.034 / U:4.176 seconds]