    SubjectRe: HELP! vfs_readv() issue
    On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 17:44 -0400, Xin Zhao wrote:
    > Thank you for your care. What I am trying to do is to rewrite NFS in
    > the virtual machine environment so that network communication can be
    > replaced with inter-VM communication.
    >
    > But after I remove the original rpc stuff, I ran into some strange
    > problem, including this one. Interesting thing is that I noticed that
    > even with standard NFS implementation, it is still possible that
    > nfsd_read() return resp->count to be 0. At this time, eof is also
    > equal to 1. This seems to be right since NFSD already reach the end of
    > the file. But question is since 0 byte is read this time, NFS should
    > detect EOF in previous read. Why need one more read?
    >
    > Xin

    How are you reading the file? Some programs (I believe 'cat' is one of
    them) will read a file until 0 is returned. Try writing a small C
    program to read a file until EOF and see if the behavior changes.

    Avishay Traeger
    http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/~avishay/

      Last update: 2006-05-18 20:08    [W:0.038 / U:1.060 seconds]