SubjectRe: http://advogato.org/article/888.html
(sorry; reply all)
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> Feel free to rewrite linux as a micro kernel. Let us know how that goes
>> for you.
>
>> // Stefan
>
> dear stefan,
>
> fortunately for you and me both, it's already been done, and is
> a major (functional) research project of the universities of karlsruhe
> and southern australia:
>
> http://l4linux.org
>
> as i have insufficient time or resources to dedicate to such a project
> , i would be both unable to spend sufficient time replicating their work,
> but not only that i would definitely not have enough time, resources or
> energy to convince the key people that such work undertaken by was a
> viable project.

You seem to be SOL. It's sad that you cannot make time or learn enough
to scratch your itch. It is sad that you seem not to have even started
to try. I weep. When someone calls me on the phone and asks me to hire
them because their bills and debts are so large that they must get a
job, but can present me with no valid reasons to hire them, I'll think
of you from now on. Oh, wait, did that sound bitter?

> my expertise appears to be, however, in ferretting out such archaic
> and esoteric technology, and in advocating it. okay. the finding
> i am good at. the advocating i still need lessons in, because i
> tend to ROYALLY piss people off.

It's also sad that you have no apparent teambuilding or advocacy skills.
If the technology is archaic and esoteric, then why should anyone
care? If you cannot help but piss people off, you need to change tactics.

<mindtrick> You want to go home and rethink your life. </mindtrick>

> *beam* :)

And, cheerfully pissing people off does in no way redeem you.

> l.

  Last update: 2006-05-14 02:30    [W:0.032 / U:0.024 seconds]