    SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.17-rc4
    Date
    On Friday 12 May 2006 00:44, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > Ok, I've let the release time between -rc's slide a bit too much again,
    > but -rc4 is out there, and this is the time to hunker down for 2.6.17.
    >
    > If you know of any regressions, please holler now, so that we don't miss
    > them.
    >
    > -rc4 itself is mainly random driver fixes (sound, infiniband, scsi,
    > network drivers), but some splice fixes too and some arch (arm, powerpc,
    > mips) updates. Shortlog follows,

    Linus,

    I've got an oops in the forcedeth driver on shutdown. Sorry for the crappy
    camera phone pictures, this board doesn't have RS232 ports:

    http://devzero.co.uk/~alistair/oops-20060512/

    It was initially difficult to reproduce, but I found I could do so reliably if
    I ssh'ed into the box and halted it remotely, then it would always oops on
    shutdown. I assume this is because the driver is still active when something
    happens to it during halt.

    There's been just a single commit since -rc3:

    forcedeth: fix multi irq issues
    ebf34c9b6fcd22338ef764b039b3ac55ed0e297b

    However, it could have just been hidden since before -rc3, so I'll try to work
    backwards if nobody has any immediate ideas..

    --
    Cheers,
    Alistair.

    Third year Computer Science undergraduate.