    SubjectRe: [BUG 2.6.17-git] kmem_cache_create: duplicate cache scsi_cmd_cache
    On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 01:58:45PM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
    > I suggest simply reversing this patch at the moment. If Russell and
    > Jens can tell me what they're trying to do I'll see if there's another
    > way to do it.

    When a MMC card is pulled, we remove the MMC device structure (which
    is what the driverfs_dev points at.) At this point, the MMC layer
    *totally* forgets about the MMC device and deletes it.

    Unfortunately, an uncounted reference is kept while the partition is
    mounted by the gendisk layer, which when the partition is unmounted
    via hotplug causes another hotplug event to be generated with respect
    to this freed MMC device structure, and hence you get an oops.

    Since the MMC layer has lost all knowledge of the device, the only
    possible solution is as given in that patch.

    --
    Russell King
    maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core