    SubjectRe: acpi4asus
    Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@mail.muni.cz> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > is project acpi4asus still alive?

    I know of no such project.

    > (I'm asking here whether Andrew or Linus are
    > receiving patches from acpi guys). For me, it looks like this is somewhat dead.

    Well actually I receive asus patches from various people and send them to
    the acpi developers and nothing happens. So I resend and eventually a few
    stick.

    The ACPI team are trying to get away from these machine-specific ACPI
    drivers in favour of doing everything correctly within AML, but there
    doesn't seem to be a lot of progress with that afaict.

    > I posted patch to include Asus M6A support to both lkm and acpi4asus list but no
    > response. I only noticed, that Andrew once tried to include in -mm but I did not
    > see it there anyway.

    Missed it - please resend.

      Last update: 2006-05-11 16:37    [W:0.021 / U:0.492 seconds]