SubjectRe: LPC bus in a geode sc1200
> > I wrote a driver to use LPC bus in a geode sc1200. For now I am able
> > to transmit an read or write "I/O cycle" to the LPC.
> > What I want to do now is to read or write to the LPC using a "Memory
> cycle".
> >
> > Anyone knows how can I archieve this?
> > is there another list more suitable for my question?
>
> The LPC bus is the same as ISA as far as software is concerned. You
> just read and write to it, or do DMA or whatever you want.
>
> I have an FPGA on port 0x500 on the LPC bus of an sc1200, and I just
> read and write the registers there the same as any other hardware.
>
> Len Sorensen

Thank you very much for your reply, Len.
I will also have an FPGA (I think it will be on port 0x1400 or so). I
am writing to LPC using 'outb' like this: outb (data, port);
So I see an I/O write on the LPC bus, that is: 2 bytes for address and
1 byte for data (it tooks one microsecond per transfer).

To speed up things, I wish to transmit more than 1 byte for data in
each transfer (if possible).
Accordingly with page 194 of the sc1200 processor data book, it is
also possible to do a "Bus Master Memory Write" to transmit 1,2 or 4
bytes.
Do you know how can I make a "Bus Master Memory Write" to the LPC?

Thank you very much, regards!
Carlos

  Last update: 2006-05-10 09:58    [W:0.054 / U:0.220 seconds]