    SubjectRe: [patch 11/26] IPOB: Move destructor from neigh->ops to neigh_param
        David> Major NAK.

    David> This does not fix a bug, it is merely and API change that
    David> the inifiniband folks want for some of their infrastructure.

    It definitely does fix a bug: without the change, because
    ops->destructor is shared (possibly with other net devices), IPoIB
    ops->can't set it or clear it safely. I don't have exact details at
    hand but this was definitely causing panics for people.

    David> Furthermore, this version of the patch here will break the
    David> build of ATM.

    I'll admit I haven't tested but it looks OK to me -- it seems to have
    the required chunk in clip.c.

    I'm not going to fight too hard for it (I'll let Michael champion it
    if he really cares), but I think this is a legitimate -stable patch:
    it fixes a panic that real users are seeing.

    - R.

      Last update: 2006-04-05 02:17    [W:0.023 / U:0.608 seconds]