    SubjectRe: CSCAN I/O scheduler for 2.6.10 kernel
    Vishal Patil wrote:
    > Maintain two queues which will be sorted in ascending order using Red
    > Black Trees. When a disk request arrives and if the block number it
    > refers to is greater than the block number of the current request
    > being served add (merge) it to the first sorted queue or else add
    > (merge) it to the second sorted queue. Keep on servicing the requests
    > from the first request queue until it is empty after which switch over
    > to the second queue and now reverse the roles of the two queues.
    > Simple and Sweet. Many thanks for the awesome block I/O layer in the
    > 2.6 kernel.
    Why both queues sorting in ascending order? I would think that one
    should be in descending order, which would reduce the seek distance
    between the last i/o on one queue and the first on the next.

    -bill davidsen (

      Last update: 2006-04-04 22:27    [W:0.021 / U:4.032 seconds]