SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE][RFC] PlugSched-6.3.1 for 2.6.16-rc5
Date
On Tuesday 04 April 2006 10:01, Peter Williams wrote:
> Con Kolivas wrote:
> >>
> >> I think that would be dangerous. However, different schedulers per
> >> cpuset might make sense but it involve a fair bit of work.
> >
> > I'm curious. How do you think different schedulers per cpu would be
> > useful?
>
> I don't but I think they MIGHT make sense for cpusets e.g. one set with
> a scheduler targeted at interactive tasks and another targeted at server
> tasks. NB the emphasis on might.

I am curious as to Al's answer since he asked for the feature. It would be
easy for me to modify the staircase cpu scheduler to allow the interactive
and compute modes be set on a per-cpu basis if that was desired. For that to
be helpful of course you'd have to manually set affinity for the tasks or
logins you wanted to run on each cpu(s).

Cheers,
Con

  Last update: 2006-04-04 02:14    [W:0.087 / U:0.292 seconds]