    SubjectRe: Lockless page cache test results
    Jens Axboe wrote:

    > Things look pretty bad for the lockless kernel though, Nick any idea
    > what is going on there? The splice change is pretty simple, see the top
    > three patches here:

    Could just be the use of spin lock instead of read lock.

    I don't think it would be hard to convert find_get_pages_contig
    to be lockless.

    Patched vanilla numbers look nicer, but I'm curious as to why
    __do_page_cache was so bad before, if the file was in cache.
    Presumably it should not more than double tree_lock acquisition...
    it isn't getting called multiple times for each page, is it?

    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2006-04-27 10:31    [W:0.019 / U:4.060 seconds]