    SubjectRe: Lock-up with modprobe sdhci after suspending to ram
    Pierre Ossman kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika maanantai, 24. huhtikuuta
    2006 15:29):
    > Jani-Matti Hätinen wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > For some reason I haven't been able to access sdhci-devel at
    > > for a week now, so sending this here.
    > I see nothing in the logs from you so I suspect it's in your end. Other
    > mail coming from (which is where you seem to be coming
    > from) are coming through fine.

    Looks like some kind of routing problem. Even pings don't seem to get through
    to, or With http I get a timeout from This is from IP

    jannu@lassi ~ $ ping
    PING ( 56(84) bytes of data.

    --- ping statistics ---
    202 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 201694ms

    jannu@lassi ~ $ ping
    PING ( 56(84) bytes of data.

    --- ping statistics ---
    2226 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2231122ms

    > > I get a hard lock-up every single time, if I do modprobe sdhci after
    > > waking up from suspend-to-ram. If I compile the module into the kernel
    > > (or if I don't rmmod it before suspending), I get a lock-up either
    > > when going to suspend (if there's a card in the reader) or during
    > > resume (if the reader is empty). With a fresh boot-up the driver works
    > > just fine. The problem occurs only after the machine has been
    > > suspended at least once.
    > > I've tested this with 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 with the sdhci-0.11 patches
    > > and vanilla 2.6.17-rc2. Sadly nothing gets as far as to the log when
    > > the lock-up occurs.
    > The kernel will not write anything to disk once a panic has occurred. To
    > see what's going wrong need to be in text mode (framebuffer is not
    > sufficient) when you do the modprobe.

    Unfortunately even text mode is completely speechless about it. The modprobe
    goes through cleanly and I get the regular prompt (with a blinking cursor
    even), but the machine's completely locked up.

    Jani-Matti Hätinen

      Last update: 2006-04-25 10:11    [W:0.030 / U:9.776 seconds]