    SubjectRe: Lock-up with modprobe sdhci after suspending to ram
    Jani-Matti Hätinen wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > For some reason I haven't been able to access sdhci-devel at drzeus.cx
    > for a week now, so sending this here.

    I see nothing in the logs from you so I suspect it's in your end. Other
    mail coming from pproxy.gmail.com (which is where you seem to be coming
    from) are coming through fine.

    > I get a hard lock-up every single time, if I do modprobe sdhci after
    > waking up from suspend-to-ram. If I compile the module into the kernel
    > (or if I don't rmmod it before suspending), I get a lock-up either
    > when going to suspend (if there's a card in the reader) or during
    > resume (if the reader is empty). With a fresh boot-up the driver works
    > just fine. The problem occurs only after the machine has been
    > suspended at least once.
    > I've tested this with 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 with the sdhci-0.11 patches
    > and vanilla 2.6.17-rc2. Sadly nothing gets as far as to the log when
    > the lock-up occurs.

    The kernel will not write anything to disk once a panic has occurred. To
    see what's going wrong need to be in text mode (framebuffer is not
    sufficient) when you do the modprobe.

    Rgds
    Pierre

      Last update: 2006-04-24 14:31    [W:0.023 / U:62.716 seconds]