    SubjectRe: C++ pushback
    OK, let's get a couple of things clear...

    No one here "hates" C++ per se. It is a tool, and every tool has its purpose.

    Using C++ in the kernel has not been deemed apropriate for several
    reasons. There are several (other) reasons to make the Linux Kernel C
    only, this has been discussed, trolled, flamed, argued, come, gone,
    etc, etc FAQs and searches are your friend there.

    In your scenario, you have two possible option (IMHO)

    1 - Port your existing code to C

    2- keep it in C++, keep it in user level and have a simple file system
    driver communicating with your existing code (I think FUSE applies to
    the situation)

    Thiago

    On 4/24/06, Gary Poppitz <poppitzg@iomega.com> wrote:
    > > We know they are "incompatible", why else would we allow "private" and
    > > "struct class" in the kernel source if we some how expected it to work
    > > with a C++ compiler?
    >

    > I can see that this was intentional, not an oversight.
    >
    > If there is a childish temper tantrum mentality about C++ then I have
    > no reason or desire to be on this list.
    >
    > Grow up.
    > -

      Last update: 2006-04-24 22:39    [W:3.702 / U:0.096 seconds]