SubjectRe: rtc: lost some interrupts at 256Hz

On Apr 20 2006 17:03, Lee Revell wrote:
>Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:03:02 -0400
>Changing the preemption model to voluntary or full preemption could
>certainly help. What app is using the RTC, mplayer?

I see this message too. (And I've got some more details).

Whenever I switch from console to X, I get that message. I presume it is
due the binary nvidia blob I have loaded, because when switching to X,
even the sound gets distorted for a microsecond (the well-known the
soundcard replays the sound buffer - no new data transferred to it).
Yeah, looks like something's keeping IRQ disabled for quite a while.
(My normal freq is 100 Hz + no preemption, if that makes any difference.)

I have not yet seen this on the free nv driver for Xorg or the (free)
ati/Xorg. Same configuration (100 Hz, no preempt), though!

Does not really matter what userspace app is running. If it's mplayer the
message is "rtc: lost some interrupts at 1024Hz.", and if it's VMware it's
whatever the Guest OS requires, mostly 2000 or 200 Hz.

Jan Engelhardt