    SubjectRe: [RFC: 2.6 patch] let arm use drivers/Kconfig
    On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 14:06 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > > This dependency is incorrect. It's only one or two chip-specific drivers
    > > which require that the architecture correctly handle alignment traps,
    > > and even then it's only actually apparent when used with JFFS2 which
    > > actually _gives_ it an unaligned buffer occasionally. Everything else
    > > works fine.
    > Can anyone tell me which chip-specific drivers are affected by this
    > issue so that I can send a patch?

    Disabling those chip drivers isn't necessarily the answer, since they
    can still be used in most cases; just not for JFFS2. Perhaps we should
    just disable JFFS2 if BROKEN_UNALIGNED is set -- or disable JFFS2 on NOR
    flash if it's set.

    Get the generic BROKEN_UNALIGNED thing done across all architectures
    which need it, and we'll work out precisely where to use it.

      Last update: 2006-04-20 22:57    [W:0.021 / U:15.500 seconds]