    > > Is there a way to determine which device I have booted from? For
    > > example, say I booted from a USB device, can I tell which one? I did
    > > not find anything in /proc FS other than the cmdline options.
    > If you choose the (experimental) CONFIG_EDD option in your kernel then,
    > with cooperation of your BIOS, you'll have a /sys/firmware/edd with at
    > least some info about the BIOS boot device. For me:

    I am sorry but it does not tell about boot device. It contains all hard disks
    enumerated via EDD interface. I do not see any information
    under /sys/firmware/edd that would have allowed to guess boot device.

    - -andrey

    Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2006-04-15 09:02    [W:0.041 / U:2.816 seconds]