SubjectRe: JVM performance on Linux (vs. Solaris/Windows)
Besides, Specjbb_2005 doesn't do any IO or networking, and these should
not be factors in the result.

So although it's a simplistic benchmark where OS tuning may not provide as
much benefit as JVM tuning, it still doesn't explain why Solaris is ~15% higher
than Linux on the same hardware and JVM (I'm guessing that the tester did
not spend as much time tuning Linux as they did Solaris, hence the question).