    SubjectRe: select takes too much time
    On Thursday 13 April 2006 18:01, Ram Gupta wrote:
    > I am using select with a timeout value of 90 ms. But for some reason
    > occasionally it comes out of select after more than one second .

    I have a memory-starved prosignia that sometimes needs up to
    10 seconds :)
    Though that includes bringing in the relevant code page of the userspace
    application too, and that page probably gets discarded after doing the
    syscall, or similar.
    It's all allright though, it gets served eventually.

    > checked the man page but it does not help in concluding if this is ok
    > or not.

    The documentation doesn't impose or guarantee any minimum performance,
    as far as I know.

      Last update: 2006-04-13 20:31    [W:0.024 / U:30.572 seconds]