    SubjectRe: [Suspend2-announce] Nigel's work and the future of Suspend2.
    On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 13:25 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > On Út 07-03-06 14:14:00, Thomas Maier wrote:
    > > Hi Nigel,
    > >
    > > congratulations and all the best, although this sounds like a sad
    > > goodbye and resignation. I always hoped for inclusion in mainline and
    > > followed the "discussions" on lkml, although Pavel never made an effort
    > > to hide his ignorant arrogance.
    >
    > At least you can't say I was dishonest :-/.
    >
    > > Mainline swsusp never worked for me and
    > > so with you leaving I am tempted to leave Linux behind after more than
    > > ten years and switch to that other OS that at least has working suspend
    > > and resume.
    didnt work on my laptop either, or one of my friends where i tried..
    however, swsusp2 does..

    > Your choice... But it would be more productive to read the docs, go to
    > the latest kernel, and if it does not work there, file
    > bugzilla.kernel.org report.
    yeah well.. IMO merging suspend2 is more productive, as i see it, it has
    no downsides as to software suspend as of now, except IA64 support, and
    it has ALOT of upsides.

    > [stripped suspend2 lists -- I guess that's offtopic there.]
    > Pavel

      Last update: 2006-03-09 12:35    [W:0.022 / U:0.296 seconds]