    SubjectRe: State of the Linux PCI and PCI Hotplug Subsystems for 2.6.16-rc5
    Hi all,

    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Linus Torvalds <> wrote:
    >>On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Greg KH wrote:
    >>>None, as I am expecting 2.6.16 to be out any day now.
    >>Sadly, until the FC5 problems re at least somewhat more understood, I
    >>don't think that's going to happen.
    >>Trying to chase down Andrew's "laptop from hell" has also delayed even
    >>doing a -rc6, although that is imminent.

    > - It would be nice to get Martin MOKREJ
    > <>'s full 16GB recognised again. Dave
    > Hansen is working on that.

    I tried a cold boot yesterday after got physical access to the
    machine. I couldn't reproduce the problem nor with plain 2.6.16-rc5
    nor the same patched with printk patch from Dave Hansen. I touched
    all the DIMMs and have to admit all of them are rather loosely
    fitted into the mainboard. I will probably flash the BIOS. I will
    retry few more reboots and if I manage to reproduce it I'll post
    back. Otherwise, consider it either mechanical problem with the size
    of those Kingston 2GB DDR DIMMs or MSI9136 mainboard layout or BIOS
    bug. Description of the interresting board capable of even 32GB RAM
    is at

      Last update: 2006-03-09 11:27    [W:0.025 / U:5.916 seconds]