    SubjectRe: How can I link the kernel with libgcc ?
    Carlos Munoz wrote:

    > Lee Revell wrote:
    >>> Tough break, that. You sure you can't figure a way to either push the
    >>> floating point out to userspace
    >> Audio drivers should never have to directly manipulate the samples -
    >> they just manage the DMA buffers and interrupts and wake up the process
    >> at the right time. Mixing, routing, volume control, DSP go in
    >> userspace.
    >> Lee
    > Hi Lee,
    > Unfortunately, the driver needs to populate several coefficient tables
    > for the hardware to perform silence suppression and other advance
    > features. The values for these tables are calculated using log10
    > operations. I don't see a clean way to push these operations to user
    > space without the need for custom applications that build the tables
    > and pass them to the driver.
    > Thanks,
    > Carlos Munoz

    I figured out how to get the driver to use floating point operations. I
    included source code (from an open source math library) for the log10
    function in the driver. Then I added the following lines to the file

    Everything works now.

    Carlos Munoz

      Last update: 2006-03-10 04:25    [W:0.022 / U:10.656 seconds]