    Subject2.6.15-rt20, "bad page state", jackd
    Hi all, I reported this in mid January (I thought I had sent to the list
    but the report went to Ingo and Steven off list)

    I'm seeing the same problem in 2.6.15-rt21 in some of my machines. After
    a reboot into the kernel I just login as root in a terminal, start the
    jackd sound server ("jackd -d alsa -d hw") and when stopping it (just
    doing a <ctrl>c) I get a bunch of messages of this form:

    > Trying to fix it up, but a reboot is needed
    > Bad page state at __free_pages_ok (in process 'jackd', page c10012fc)

    Has anyone else seen this?

    I'm in the process of building an -rt21 kernel before posting more
    detailed error messages (this kernel is patched with some additional
    stuff).

    Ingo had suggested at the time I enable DEBUG_PAGEALLOC and DEBUG_SLAB
    to get more information (Jan 21 or so), I was never able to get the
    machine to boot into that kernel, I kept getting oopses. Weird, I'm
    trying to find the post I sent to lkml (I have it in my mailbox) in the
    lkml archives to include a link and can't find it...

    More details later...
    -- Fernando

      Last update: 2006-03-08 20:38    [W:0.021 / U:0.752 seconds]